Safety-First: Let’s get right to it!
PAINCAKES was developed by and for athletes, however, anyone can use them! They’re safe, easy-to-use and ultra-convenient.
Icing is critical in the first 72 hours of any injury. Cold therapy pushes lactic acid and blood out of the injured area to aid in recovery.
Important: Start slow! If you’re new to cold therapy, refrigerate PAINCAKES for :30 minutes and apply for :60 seconds, then remove. As you become accustomed to our proprietary process, you can move PAINCAKES to the freezer and gradually increase chill and application times. Go! Slow!
When you receive your PAINCAKES, you’ll notice that our packaging has some VERY clear and specific language regarding safe-use! In addition, our website has a comprehensive How To Use, Safe Use Guide & FAQ‘s page! We highly suggest you read them before using PAINCAKES
You’ll also find a “safe-use” insert inside your PAINCAKES packaging. Here’s what that looks like!
So, why all the fuss over safety? As with any form of cold therapy, you need to pay attention!
PAINCAKES is a new, wearable technology. Until you’ve acclimated yourself to PAINCAKES, especially if you’re a newcomer to cryotherapy we must insist: Please review our safe-use guidelines and read our How To use guide.
Humor-us! The learning curve is brief! We want you to have a great, safe and easy experience!
From the top, then!
Once you receive your PAINCAKES — do not just chill & slap them on. Take a minute to familiarize yourself with our wearable, stick & stay™ technology.
For your first PAINCAKES experience, start here:
- Place the entire package into the fridge or freezer. Our package was specially designed for this!
- Chill for :30 minutes in the freezer or :60 minutes in the fridge
- Apply for :60 to :90 seconds and remove!
- Put the cover back on! This is VERY important. The cover is an integral component. It keeps the sticky-gel, sticky, and it also keeps the gel from being exposed to freezing temperatures, odors and cross-contaminants; you know, those day-old left-over’s you have sitting in your fridge or freezer
- Put your PAINCAKES back in its original package, and toss the whole thing back in the fridge or freezer!
You’re ready for your next cold therapy session?
Go. Slow. Gradually increase your chill and application time. Try :60 minutes of chill and :90 seconds of application time. Remember, people — especially if you’re new to Cold Therapy, gradual is your friend!
Familiarize yourself with wearing and removing PAINCAKES.
If at anytime the pack feels too cold or is out of your “cold” comfort zone, remove it! Let it sit. Check temperature and reapply when it’s reached a comfortable temperature.
- Do not apply to areas of thin or irritated skin!
- Definitely do not apply to broken or punctured skin
- Apply PAINCAKES to pre-cleaned, dry skin
- Start slow. Work up to a longer chill/application time
- Keep your PAINCAKES clean. Example: Do not apply if you’ve dropped the sticky-side down on the floor
If you’ve dropped PAINCAKES gel-side down:
- Gently finger wash the sticky-side under luke warm warm for 3-4 seconds. Allow to dry
- Do Not wash PAINCAKES MiNi’s – only wash the full size units!
Removing PAINCAKES properly:
PAINCAKES is wearable technology. We use a medical grade sodium-nano gel. It does not leave residue. During and following a cold therapy session, your skin can become desensitized or “numb.” Remove PAINCAKES slowly & gently. Never-ever abruptly pull or peel off. Slow! Easy! Gentle!
Peel off PAINCAKES like you’d peel a banana. It does not matter which direction you peel from. If PAINCAKES is firmly planted, simply add a few drop of luke warm water to the gel area and slowly remove. Let the sticky-gel dry and replace the cover.
PAINCAKES are intended for the more experienced cold therapy user. New to cold therapy? A weekend warrior? No problem. You’ll get there! Just go slow & easy.
Notes from Inventor:
- PAINCAKES is Latex & Silicone free. They do contain adhesive. If you have a negative skin reaction when using bandaids, kinesiology or any other kinds of adhesive tapes, we do not recommend using PAINCAKES.
- Be smart when icing any part of your body. Pay attention! Check the pack temperature before applying. If it’s too cold, let PAINCAKES rest for few minutes and test again. Apply only when pack temperature is right for you. Always remove the pack immediately if it’s too cold or uncomfortable.
- If you have circulatory, immune or other medical issues, always consult with your doctor before applying cold therapy
Let’s do a quick recap, folks!
- Start slowly! Chill for :30 minutes and apply for :30 – :60 seconds and remove
- Work up the chill and application times
- Always remove PAINCAKES slowly and gently!
- Always replace the cover before re-chilling
- Always remove slowly and gently
- Be smart. Be aware. Be safe!